- Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020
- Job Start Date: September 2020 (this could be earlier for the right person)
- Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-Time
- Key Stage: KS2
- Salary Type: Main Pay Range (recruitment and retention allowance)
- Hours of Work: Full time
- Location of Role: Talavera Junior School
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Talavera Junior School is a three form school nestled in the heart of Aldershot. We are judged as an ‘outstanding’ school by Ofsted in November 2019.
We are looking for a permanent teacher to start work in September 2020, although this could be earlier for the right person. This post is suitable for a NQT.
We are a unique school that is fast paced; exciting; has outstanding CPD opportunities and an incredible team of teachers. All day and every day we learn together and strive to provide an exemplary education for children. Our school has leading teachers who are brilliant models and we are a Math Mastery Hub School.
Do you want to make a difference?
Can you create happy independent learners?
Would you like to develop and be an inspirational teacher?
Could you be part of our dynamic and exciting team?
We are looking for a talented teacher who:
- Sets high expectations for themselves and their pupils
- Can teach children the skills to become independent learners
- Has an excellent knowledge of KS2 and the expectations for learning
- Is a reflective practitioner who aspires to achieve excellence through demonstrating outstanding teaching which leads to outstanding learning.
- Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Is a great team player who would really enjoy contributing to the school
- Demonstrates a commitment to pupils' development and pastoral care
- Is able to build strong relationships with children and meet their individual needs
We can offer:
- A diverse and supportive school community with excellent inter school networking and development
- A highly supportive and dedicated team
- A strong caring ethos
- Excellently behaved children, proud of their school, with ownership of their learning
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Take a look at our exciting website for more information about our school:
Please come and visit us. We guarantee a visit will ignite your excitement about teaching and learning.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so please do come and see our school for yourself. For more information or an application pack please contact the office on 01252 322156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Talavera Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The Hangout - After School Care Provision
Due to further expansion, we are looking for energetic and hardworking After School Club Assistants to join our team. ‘The Hangout’ based in Talavera Junior School is a play based after school care provision which takes pupils from both Talavera Infants and Junior School. We are proud of our very busy club where we believe in offering a huge range of activities and opportunities so that the children can thoroughly enjoy their time with us.
Working hours will be 3pm – 6pm (up to 5 afternoons a week). Hours can be increased to 16 hours per week for the right candidate.
The successful candidates will:
- enjoy working with children,
- be committed to providing high quality care in a safe environment,
- prepare and distribute a suitable nutritious snack for all children,
- plan and organise a varied and creative play programme of suitable activities for all children,
- be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic,
- be self-motivated and able to use their own initiative,
- understand the importance of confidentiality in a school and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Be willing to undergo further training such as First Aid and Food hygiene.
Visits are warmly welcomed to the school and for further information or an application form, please call 01252 322156 or email email@example.com. Support Staff application forms can also be found on our school website www.talaverajunior.co.uk.
Start date will be 14th October 2019 or earlier if possible.