At Talavera we believe every child can enjoy and achieve within the science curriculum. We have started a real drive on investigation and investigative skills within the curriculum. All year groups have or will have a science week, where all of the lessons are linked to a scientific question. The children spend the week using all their skills including: mathematical, writing and reading to help them investigate the question effectively. Within this week they will experience and complete different experiments to come to scientific conclusions. We believe that understanding how to investigate effectively will increase their understanding of science and the outside world. We strive to give our pupils fantastic opportunities within our science curriculum to help them become the best they can be.
The objectives of teaching science are to enable children to:
- ask and answer scientific questions
- plan and carry out scientific investigations, using equipment (including computers) correctly
- know and understand the life processes of living things
- know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound, and natural forces
- know about the nature of the solar system, including the earth
- evaluate evidence, and present their conclusions clearly and accurately
Please see the links below for the content taught in each year group and within each topic:
We embed the keys statistic KPI's from maths into our science units so they are taught in a meaningful context with relevant data.